Plain bearings from Schaeffler :
– are used for high specific loads
– are used for various possible types of motion, from swivel type motion to overlaid motion
– suitable to intermittent operation occurring on a periodic or non-periodic basis
– are bearing for very small radial or axial design envelopes where high load carrying capacity is nevertheless required
– can be used under vibration coinciding with small amounts of motion
– have excellent damping characteristics especially under static loading, such as those required under shock loads
Plain bearings – plain bushes – E40 – E50
Metal/polymer composite plain bushes, maintenancefree
The maintenance-free plain bearing material E40 is, due to PTFE, intended for dry running. These bearings are particularly suitable where the bearing position must be maintenance-free, there is a risk of lubricant starvation or where lubricant is unacceptable or undesirable. E40 can be used for rotary and oscillating motion as well as for short stroke linear motion.
Next, the bearings are rolled from a cut section of strip and have a butt joint over the entire width of the bearing.
Metal/polymer composite plain bushes, low-maintenance
First, the low-maintenance plain bearing material E50 with a sliding layer made from POM has low wear, good damping characteristics and long relubrication intervals. E50 can be used for rotary and oscillating motion and is recommended for long stroke linear motion.
Also,the bearings are rolled from a cut section of strip and have a butt joint over the entire width of the bearing.
All metal/polymer composite plain bearings are free from lead in accordance with the End of Life Vehicles Directive, Directive 2000/53/EC as well as the Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS-II) for the restriction of hazardous substances. They are thus environmentally safe.
In addition to the polymer composite plain bearings with the sliding materials E40 and E50, there are also plain bushes with ELGOGLIDE and ELGOTEX filament wound bushes.